Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I was right....

For the 10th Congressional District I was right: props to me. I said it was going to be a close race and it was. I didn't know who to throw my vote to.

There were a few issues for me that I was bothered about:
  • Meuser lives in the 11th district and only bought a vacation home in the 10th. Not to paraphrase a former candidate in this race but he didn't seem to represent the values and the economic scale of the people of the 10th. I don't know too many people living in the 10th who can just go ahead and buy a second home worth over $350k.
  • Hackett hired an illegal alien to clean his house.
  • Hackett started slinging mud knowing full well the establishment was on Meuser's side.
  • Meuser's PAC gave money to libs.
  • The list goes on and on - just go ahead and read my posts
Then there was the issue of integrity: Hackett blew the race for the republicans by slinging mud and getting it thrown back in his face. Carney now has more ammo. Meuser was actually the gentleman in the race and I respect him tremendously for it... among other things including the fact that he employs close to a thousand people in the area and he along with his family built that business to where it is now. I spoke to the guy I once endorsed as candidate (Swiderski) and here's what he had to say about Meuser as a businessman:

"Eddy,

I know I shouldn't respond to this email because I get a lot of heat for speaking my mind. I know how 'bloggerville' was all over for me saying nice things about Hackett's early mass media advertising, but I like to tell people what's on my mind rather than 'sugar coat' answers or not provide a straight answer. As a candidate I believed that it was best to be front and forward with the people. This is the same philosophy and level of ethics that I built my business on. If a competitor does something worth noting, then I have no problem telling people that the competitor is worth being acknowledged for it. If it costs me business, then so be it. Likewise, in an election, if it cost me votes or the chance to face Chris Carney in an election because I speak my mind then the nomination isn't worth it to me if I can't have rapport with the voters. Either way, I can go to bed at the end of the day knowing full well I'll have a good night's rest - unlike most Washington politicians. My straightforwardness is great for business but makes me a lousy politician :)

With the above being said, I cannot deny that Dan Meuser and his family are great businesspeople. How many people can honestly say they can grow a business 400%+ and sustain it? Pride Mobility is the epitomy of what entrepreneurship is all about. From a business perspective, the Meuser family did what they had to do to successfully grow their enterprise and gainfully employ approx. 1000 people.

I don't know Dan personally and would have liked to have the opportunity to get to know him a bit during the race, so I cannot say anything about his personal values or beliefs. However, the attachment to the Pride PAC was something that - although great for business - could hurt his chances as a republican candidate. Nonetheless, we have two highly qualified
candidates to choose from in this primary. Although I endorsed Chris Hackett, I wish both candidates the best of luck tonight. I will not be ashamed to throw my full support behind the winner of tonight's primary."

I - eddytheangryrepublican - voted for Meuser this election. KAR (AKA Kevin Reynolds), you can lick my *ss whenever you want.

I know people called Swiderski a moron but at least he endorsed the right candidate. Hackett won by a slim margin. I wouldn't put it past Meuser to challenge the votes though.

Hell I didn't vote for Hackett but I gotta admit he's the best we have right now against Carney.
Frankly I think he's the only candidate of the two who could beat him. I have two last things to say:

First - to Chris Hackett - I didn't believe in you even though i beleived in the candidate who endorsed you. Congratulations on the win and for giving us hope for defeating the machine. Make us proud in taking the seat back for the GOP. You have my full support.

Next - to the republican voters of the 10th district - WE cannot allow a lib DC to control our lives and take away our freedoms. Please support Chris Hackett in his run for the 10th. Contact his campaign and get a lawn sign make phone calls canvass neighborhoods do whatever you have to to get this man elected. Our rights and freedoms that we hold dear are at stake.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Hello,

1) This may sound odd, but I wanted to contact you and I couldn't find an email.

2) My name is Tricia, and I'm a student at Texas A&M University. I have been following the PA 10th district congressional race between Carney and Hackett this semester for a class project. I wanted to get some local perspectives on the race, the two campaigns, and the idea that Pennsylvania could perhaps become a blue state. I just discovered your blog and was wondering if you would help me out in this arena? If you can't or don't want to, that is certainly fine, but if you wouldn't mind emailing me either way, I would greatly appreciate it. My email is triciabeifuss@gmail.com; thank you for your time!

Tricia Beifuss